Monday, August 15, 2011

Long Beach Post: Police Chief Confirms Detaining Photographers Within Departmental Policy

AESTHETIC PROFILING? Give me a break. I too have been harassed on public streets and in National Parks for doing nothing more sinister than pointing a camera at a building or landscape. Who are they to decide what has "apparent esthetic value".


Long Beach Post: Police Chief Confirms Detaining Photographers Within Departmental Policy












One of the "offending" photographs-A photograph shot by Sander Roscoe Wolff on June 30 before he was detained by Long Beach Police. Courtesy of the Long Beach Post.

Back in my 4x5 film days I was shooting an exterior of a piano store when closed on a Sunday afternoon for the contractor. I was accosted by a security guard who said people in the nearby Starbucks had reported a man pointing a large gun at the store. Its a camera people! Give me a break.

2 comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites