Sunday, February 28, 2010

(Photograph by Morley Baer, ©2009 by the Morley Baer Photography Trust, Santa Fe)

While I am waxing nostalgic, another great architectural photographer from the previous generation was Morely Baer. Morely was notable both as a fine art landscape photographer and commercial architectural photographer, a duel career which is hard to pull off. He is one of my personal heroes because of that successful dual career. Unfortunately I never met him, though I have a couple of friends who knew him well and greatly respected him. He was renowned as a teacher too. Here is a moving remembrance from John Sexton.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information on Morley Baer. I have admired his landscape work for years, but did not know he did architectural photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I understand it, AP was his main source of income throughout his career.

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites